Photo

New Stronger Itv1 Frequency (For Sky Boxes And Sky Cards!)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 satandpcgu

satandpcgu

red

• VIP Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

"ITV1 Central S" and "ITV1 Central E" have been removed from Astra 2D and have reappeared on the Astra 2B South beam.

A Sky viewing card is required.

These two ITV1 rgions were free to air and previously needed no Sky card.

You can add these ITV1 regions using Other Channels.

The frequency is:
11973 V 27500 2/3

Its on Astra 2B south beam, so very easy to receive even on a smaller 60cm dish in many areas of Spain - reception will be similar to Sky News!

I have no idea for how long these will be available or if this is going to be permanent - and I am sure ITV will be changing things around for the next few days / weeks in preparation for the rumoured ITV1+1 channel.
  • boldlygoes likes this

#2 brimo

brimo

green

• green
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi

I am due out in a couple of weeks and still have the above frequencies in my box... are they still relevant?

#3 happyjackseven

happyjackseven

red

• VIP Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi ,No not any longer, The good good news is that if you have a 1 metre dish you should get all the ITV /BBC c4 c5 stations on it .

Jack
Happyjackseven

#4 brimo

brimo

green

• green
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

HI I don't think a one metre dish would look good on my motorhome. Seriously though, on that old ITV Central channel (haven't got the details with me as van is in storage) with a Camos dish on the roof (its a dome that you see coaches fitted with) its a 40 cm half dish) we could get ITV as far south as Calpe.

I'm wondering how we will fare using Astra 1N 28.2 10758 ITV Central West.

Is this the best frequency to use to try to get ITV as far south as we can?

#5 happyjackseven

happyjackseven

red

• VIP Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi,

Fairly sure you will not receive anything on Astra 1n on a 40 cm dish.

Jack
Happyjackseven

#6 brimo

brimo

green

• green
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

MMMMMMmmm, what's the best frequency then to put into my Skybox that'll give me the best coverage as far south as possible on either Astra 2 south (I think that's what the satelitte is)

#7 happyjackseven

happyjackseven

red

• VIP Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

http://www.flysat.com/astra28.php

Hi,

See above ,hope this helps.

Jack
Happyjackseven

#8 brimo

brimo

green

• green
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Ok, thanks for the link :-) Now can I ask are some stations stronger than others. On the last setup ITV Central S and E was the one which we used to pick up ITV as we went south of Barcelona and slowly lost all the other channels. I'm thinking of adding the SKY UK 11053 H 22000 5/6

Will that be a good one to add? Excuse my questions but I just want to try to get the best possible reception with the kit I've got <_<

#9 happyjackseven

happyjackseven

red

• VIP Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi ,
Don't think you will pick up anything on that frequency.Best you will get is BBc interactive on 11954 h 27.5 2/3 (the red button channels) If you have a sky box you will need to change the audio to anything else but English,(mine is set for French) then it is in English,wierd I know but its a work around. However I am an amatuer there may be others who can abvise you better.

ps you will stil get Sky news on 12207

Jack
Happyjackseven

#10 brimo

brimo

green

• green
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

MMMMM I note your BBC INteractive but I have had ITV a long way down on the 40 cm dish using a special frequency which gave you ITV Central but people were saying that it will have been moved by the end of 2011 and so no longer available. How can I find what frequencies my extra channels have been programmed to? as I can't seem to see what frequencies they were set up with :-(

#11 brimo

brimo

green

• green
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ah I have found what I used to have and got a great reception with..... it is 11973 V 27500 2/3 on the Astra 2B south beam. Thisis the frequency I am led to believe won't be available now, is this true?

Looking at http://www.flysat.com/astra28.php it looks like its still available :-) Am I correct?

#12 brimo

brimo

green

• green
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Any comments?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users