• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 topcat

topcat

green

• green
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

At the moment my telephone and adsl is provided by Telefonica and I have not had any problems with them apart from the monthly bill which is approx 70 euros per month !!( line rental, free calls in Spain and Adsl ) I am considering changing to Europa or Telitec for these services.

Has any member tried either of these companies and if so could you pass on any problems or bouquets that you have experenced. Both seem pretty good but your comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation..............Topcat !!

#2 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

I prefer not to change providers because of the problems experienced by some of my family members throughout Spain. The rates may be lower; however, if you have any problems with the line.... they simply wash their hands and Telefónica will not help as you are no longer a client. This problem has happened to a few people I know and they all ended up reverting to Telefónica.... Not to mention that they had problems cancelling their contracts with other providers.
What I would suggest is a call or visit to the Telefónica office, saying that you are seriously considering changing providers because their rates are too high. I know several people who got more reasonable rates using that strategy.
In my case, I accepted an offer from Telefónica direct which lowered the monthly fee I was paying before.

Good luck!

#3 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

A friend of mine originally migrated away from Telefonica to Orange, had lots of problems and moved on to Europa, again had problems and a few months ago moved back to Telefonica. It's because of this type of experience, which is quite common, that I remain with Telefonica in spite of the cost. Incidentally, my 6Mb connection typically runs at 5.4Mb, which is very satisfactory.

#4 topcat

topcat

green

• green
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:56 AM

thanks very much for advice

#5 topcat

topcat

green

• green
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

thanks very much for advice...I will try to get telefonica to drop the price.( lets hope so )

#6 jude

jude

red

• VIP Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:12 AM

Does anyone have info about mobile broadband prices. I was wondering if the cost had come down. I did a price comparison some time ago and found that it was more expensive than our Telefonica landline (no broadband though). We use our house approx 4 months a year and the Telefonica bill is the biggest outgoing on the place.
Any one got any suggestions, please. :typewriter:

#7 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 464 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

Does anyone have info about mobile broadband prices. I was wondering if the cost had come down. I did a price comparison some time ago and found that it was more expensive than our Telefonica landline (no broadband though). We use our house approx 4 months a year and the Telefonica bill is the biggest outgoing on the place.
Any one got any suggestions, please. :typewriter:

Telefonica used to have a scheme where you could "switch off" the line when not here. Anyone know if it still exists?

#8 jude

jude

red

• VIP Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

That sounds most interesting Greytop, I shall have to see what I can find out. Thanks

#9 jakslev

jakslev

red

• VIP Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

I agree with Paloma - yes Telefonica will do their best to sabotage you if you try and move away (don't even want to start the stories we have experienced with them!!). As everything else corrupt in this country you just have to do your best to navigate the system! As for mobile broad band it works and I can advise you to use Yoigo who have nice solutions on their website. However the speed is not too good where we are in the urbanization (Lidl area/Camino Convenio).

I do not believe they still offer the "resting subscription", but then again it all depends on what person you catch on the other end of the line when you dial the most feared 4 numbers - 1004 :P

Telefonica used to have a scheme where you could "switch off" the line when not here. Anyone know if it still exists?

• v healy likes this

#10 v healy

v healy

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

I have a problem with telefonica,I cant stop them sending me bills, I cancelled my account with them two months ago,all I had was line rental and internet,I was paying them eighty and ninety euro every month, as I am a pensioner,I cant afford to pay bills like that. so I had to get rid of them. I wrote a letter to them to cancel,and phoned in to cancel,I was assured of this,but I am still getting bills from them. Can anybody help.

#11 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your predicament. The only way to officially cancell your contract with Telefonica is via a "burofax" (an official facsimile message sent through the Spanish Post Office). The Telefonica representative with whom you spoke on the phone should have mentioned this to you. A simple letter is not enough.
This is the text that you should complete with your own details:

TELEFÓNICA DE ESPAÑA S.A.
C/Gran Vía 28
28013 MADRID

FAX NUMBER: 902 419010

ATT. Departamento de Reclamaciones

Yo [Name and Surname] con DNI/NIE [DNI or NIE full number including letter] solicito la baja del servicio Telefónica del número de abonado ( insert number) If you only wish to cancel your ADSL, this should read:
solicito la baja del servicio ADSL de Telefónica del numero de abonado......

Telefono de contacto: (Contact telephone number)
Horario de contacto: (Times at which you may be contacted)
E-mail de contacto: (Email)
Motivo de mi baja: (Reason for cancelling the contract)
Fecha interesada de desconexion: Date from which you wish to cancel the contract

Firmado (Name and surname)

Firma manuscrita (You must sign the document with your usual signature)

Best wishes,

Paloma

• Landlady, happyjackseven, boldlygoes and 4 others like this

#12 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

You are fantastic Paloma - what a treat to have a Spaniard who can help us with our bureaucracy problems - and all for free. Come and live on La Marina and we will all vote for you as major of San Fulgencia Posted Image:medium-smiley-047:
  • v healy likes this

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#13 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:42 AM

Thank you, Jan, that is very kind of you.
Perhaps it may be an idea to store my post in the "How to" section for future use by other members.... I am afraid that it may be lost in this thread and others could use it as well.
Another important thing, in Spain never waste time sending ordinary letters to the authorities or service providers. They go to the paper bin. You always have to send a "burofax" from the Post Office, as this is considered a legally binding document. Strange... but this is the way things are around here....

It certainly makes good money for the Post Office as the "burofax" is not particularly cheap.

• happyjackseven and v healy like this

#14 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:07 AM

Yes we should definitely save that gem of information Paloma - it would be better if you copied and pasted the info yourself in our "How To" forum as then it will show under your name - I will do it if you prefer off course.
  • v healy likes this

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#15 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

I will do it, thanks Jan and I would add some more information.

• happyjackseven and v healy like this

#16 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

You are fantastic Paloma - what a treat to have a Spaniard who can help us with our bureaucracy problems - and all for free. Come and live on La Marina and we will all vote for you as major of San Fulgencia Posted Image:medium-smiley-047:

I agree with you 100% Jan. Let us make a start to get Paloma to move to the Urb.and when this has been achieved,Let us get her in office as Mayor
All those in favour say "AYE". :36_1_55[1]: :1106:

#17 bealerDSB

bealerDSB

red

• VIP Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:46 AM

Good information Paloma.
Thanks.
DSB.

#18 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Thank you guys, I'm overwhelmed. Happy to help whenever I can. And we will certainly check La Marina before we buy a house in the area. There seems to be lots of nice people there.

#19 v healy

v healy

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Thank you very much,Paloma,you have been very helpful,I have taken your advice,made out the letter of cancelation and brought it to the post office. Iam keeping my fingers crossed.

#20 v healy

v healy

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Thank you very much,Paloma,you have been very helpful,I have taken your advice,made out the letter of cancelation and brought it to the post office. Iam keeping my fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users