• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ste46

Ste46

red

• VIP Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

Just seen an ad in Costa Blanca People for a new energy supplier (electricity) called Europa_ Energy, stating that they can offer savings of up to 20% against the regular suppliers - I have noted the 'up to'!

Nevertheless, it could be interesting. Has anyone out there ever heard of them before, or had any dealings with them?

Many thanks

Steve

Edited by Ste46, 01 December 2016 - 05:26 PM.

#2 geoffllo

geoffllo

red

• VIP Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

If it's the same company that do a telephone service, I wouldn't go with them.

They supplied my phone/broadband for a while, but I wasn't happy with them.

Geoff.

#3 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

As about 40% of the bill is taxes and overheads,their savings on the meter probably won't be be that much.

#4 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

I'm with Geoff. A nearby friend of ours went with them for phone and internet but had lots of problems, and their customer service was apparently abysmal, so he went to another provider, and finally back to Movistar who he started with.

Incidentally the same friend (not so sure about that description now - he's a Brexit supporter) some time ago changed electricity suppliers and for some time he's been telling us how much cheaper that is. Three weeks ago I asked him for details of his last two bills, and he's paying 10% more than we are (Iberdrola night & day tariff)!

• geoffllo likes this

#5 geoffllo

geoffllo

red

• VIP Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

A while back I did a market comparison on electricity prices, and Iberdrola came out best, but with a different tariff to the one we were on at the time. So I just switched tariffs.

It's only my opinion, but I am more comfortable being with the OWNERS of the equipment, be it Iberdrola, or Movistar, because whatever happens, they can't deny it's down to them and/or pass the buck!

And yes Jim, Europa's customer service really IS abysmal!!

Geoff.
  • jimtaylor likes this

#6 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 464 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

A minor bit of good news in today's Spanish press. The government have decided not to increase the tax, nuclear waste bill and distribution payment for 2017. The price of electricity will still be variable in line with fuel etc.

#7 Ste46

Ste46

red

• VIP Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for all the info (as usual) friends.

Yes Geoff, my suspicions were raised as the appearance, layout and typefaces of the ad were indeed VERY similar to those from Europa Mobile, albeit in a different colour. Digging into the web sites, they operate from different addresses, but both in the Valencia region.

Being an awkward sod, I have emailed them (energy), asking if they actually ARE connected; what are they offering to save 'up to' 20% on - cost of electricity only or the actual bill overall - (we all know the answer to this one); how are they able to offer ANY savings; and finally, how much of the 'up to' 20% can they actually guarantee.

I await their response - and have done for several days - I won't hold my breath and I will keep you informed of developments!

Steve

• geoffllo and james76 like this

#8 geoffllo

geoffllo

red

• VIP Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

If they're that slow with answering a query from a potential customer Steve, will it get better once they've got you locked into a contract??

I certainly had similar difficulties when I was a phone/broadband customer (assuming they ARE indeed the same people!)

Geoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users