Photo

Firewalls, Anti-Virus Programs - and more

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aaitch

Aaitch

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

Here's a link worth a visit:

http://www.moneysavi...162826527,35939,

Let me have some feedback perleassse!!!!

Alan :3_8_8:
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom - O Wendel Holmes

#2 dorsetlad

dorsetlad

Gold Cup Member

• VIP Member
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:08 PM

Alan, a good link bounce I already use the new version of AVG, and have recently downloaded their trial anti-spyware. I also use the Kerio firewall. Protection doesn't have to mean expensive. :banana:

On a general note, the Moneysaving expert site is brilliant, I have had it bookmarked for a long time, and also receive his email bulletins.

Brian
It's nice to be important, but it's much more important to be nice

#3 Jeff and Dallas

Jeff and Dallas

green

• green
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 12:29 PM

Alan, a good link bounce I already use the new version of AVG, and have recently downloaded their trial anti-spyware. I also use the Kerio firewall. Protection doesn't have to mean expensive. :banana:

On a general note, the Moneysaving expert site is brilliant, I have had it bookmarked for a long time, and also receive his email bulletins.

Brian

Zone Alarm provide a very good free version firewall also. For spyware and malware we use microsofts own product, Windows Defender. We have used AVG for many years and it is a very good product, although I did hear a rumour that they intend stopping the free version soon.

It may be worthwhile pointing out that these products are only reliable if kept up to date. New viruses and spyware appear virtually daily so I recommend updating on a daily basis. :a032:
Regards
Jeff and Dallas