Photo

Back Up!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aaitch

Aaitch

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

from recent bitter experience, can I commend this utility to you all?

http://www.2brightsp...scots-sbse.html

Try it for 30 days - free...and report back on the forum.

Alan

:medium-smiley-093:
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom - O Wendel Holmes

#2 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

I was thinking of purchasing a good programme that does this automatically for me, rather than rely on my occasional half hearted attempts to drag folders and files onto my external hard drive as a back up.

I have downloaded and tried this on out to back up a few folders on my partitioned drive and it seems quite straightforward and easy to do.

I like the fact that you can use it on up to 5 computers. I will probably try it out more fully as and when I understand the various options you can do with it and get back to you if I think its worth the money. Thanks for the link.

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#3 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

Just an update. I have set this programme so that it backs up my documents (which has amongst other folders, my pictures & my music in it - so lots of stuff) & emails every night to the partitioned drive. I leave the laptop on, but in hibernation and have it set to 'wake' up to carry out this task, which for the last few days it has done faultlessly.

It seems that it will be a simply job to back up the updated folders from this partition to an external hard drive once every Month just in case of hard drive failure or even theft. I will do this too for Dons and Jas's computers as they don't have as much stuff to save as I do.

This may be a programme that I will purchase when my Months trial is up. :)

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1: