Photo

Anti-Virus appications

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aaitch

Aaitch

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

read here:

http://www.scotsnews....com/83.htm#avv

What anti-virus application do you use?

What are your concerns?

Do you want FREE anti-virus protection, or are you prepared to pay?

Alan :medium-smiley-093:
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom - O Wendel Holmes

#2 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:05 AM

That was interesting Alan. Scanned some of it as its a very long report, but got the gist that AVG is one of the better ones. I used their free version on Dons and Jas's computers and have never had a problem so recommend it to others, but have Nortons on my new one which came bundled with it, so will wait for it to run out before changing. I don't usually like Nortons as it has caused problems for me with other applications in the past, but this one seems to be doing fine.

I read about the IBS board vunerability in that report, but fortunately I immediately upgrade to the latest edition when possible here as I pay for a license, so it has the security patches in place. Still get loads of spammers trying to register though, so this site must be on a spammers list, but hopefully I can keep them out by manually approving registrations, even if its time consuming.

I use outlook express for my mail, as although I have outlook, I was put off using it some years back when there were security problems. Now I am thinking of trying another one, so if you see any good reviews on different email programmes, please let me know.

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1: