Photo

Help!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 jaygee

jaygee

red

• VIP Member
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

visiting parents and it would seem that their computer has been attacked by a virus - probably the grandchildren using internet all summer!!
Run zone alarm and spybot it tells me that there is a trojan virus. I have tries to remove & iscolate files but it still keeps coming up. Am running free antivirus but may need to buy some good antivirus programme which will check, clear and keep system clean.
Anyone any reccomendations on a good programme?

#2 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:09 PM

If they are using XP have you tried doing a system restore first? Try just putting it back to before the grandkids arrived, then do another full scan virus check.

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#3 jaygee

jaygee

red

• VIP Member
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:53 PM

might try that.
Have downloaded Spybot and Spyware Doctor as reccommended in previous posts, run both and seem to have cleared up most of the infected files.
One keeps re-appearing - WINANTIVIRUSPRO2006 - as a problem file but I cannot delete it. I have found it in hidden files, selected it but it just wont go. I think this may be intoducing viruses.

#4 Aaitch

Aaitch

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:51 PM

might try that.
Have downloaded Spybot and Spyware Doctor as reccommended in previous posts, run both and seem to have cleared up most of the infected files.
One keeps re-appearing - WINANTIVIRUSPRO2006 - as a problem file but I cannot delete it. I have found it in hidden files, selected it but it just wont go. I think this may be intoducing viruses.

Jaygee,

Click this link: http://amazingtechs....showtopic=26828

read the postings and follow the instructions.

Alan :medium-smiley-093:
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom - O Wendel Holmes

#5 Paul Garner

Paul Garner

red

• VIP Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:11 AM

If you need help. Warwick Turner. Costa Computers, Advanced Business Solutions. Access website via the BGE link on this site.