• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PeterS

PeterS

red

• VIP Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

What is the Impuesto Sobre Vehiculos de Traccion Mecanico, when do you have to pay it and is it yearly.
Where can I find the rates for the yearly road tax in La Marina.

#2 geoffllo

geoffllo

red

• VIP Member
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:18 AM

This is the annual road tax, similar to the UK road fund licence. It is collected by an organisation called SUMA. It is levied on the registered owner of the vehicle as at 1st January each year, at a rate dictated by the town hall which controls the address of the owner. If a vehicle is sold after 1st of January, then the buyer and seller make their own arrangements regarding the amount paid.
I have never seen a list of rates, but you could ask in the town hall in San Fulgencio, or at their office on Urb. La Marina.

#3 PeterS

PeterS

red

• VIP Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

Thanks, I found the pdf on the suma site. It is a bit strange, it is per hp class. It goes like this:
Less than 8 hp 20,82 euro
8 to 11,99 hp 56,23
12 to 15,99 hp 118,70
16 to 19,99 hp 147,86

All cars with more than 20 hp is the last catagory costing 184,80.
How many cars are there with less than 20 hp?

And what is the roadtax for la marina? My neighbor nextdoor pays about 35 euro a year, that amount I can t find in the suma pdf. That is where my question comes from.

#4 Ste46

Ste46

red

• VIP Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

As I understand it, this tax is based on emissions. I have a Citroen Xantia 2.0 petrol and I pay 118e; I also have a Ford Focus 1.8 diesel and the rate for that is (I think) 116e. My friend has a Renault Clio 1.8 diesel - a much more efficient engine - and pays only 38e. All this is in Almoradi ans is done through the local SUMA office.

Incidentally, when I was paying in the SUMA office a couple of years ago, they offered - I didn't have to ask - one account for my three bills which I pay by D/D on a monthly basis over the year, which obviously saves me having to go to the office/bank several times a year. 

Steve

#5 Andreu

Andreu

red

• VIP Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

The ITVM "horsepower" is fiscal horsepower, the best example of which is the legendary Citroen 2 CV, where the 2 CV refers to the then French method of calculating hp for tax purposes- The current  system follows engine size (roughly) but gives rebates for "cleaner" engines. The actual amounts/rates vary wildly from one municipality to another. Our roads in Sa Ful are at present in pretty good condition, so the last time I looked my tax was rouhly one third of an acquantance living in T:vieja who has a similar SEAT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users