Jump to content


Advice Please

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mark elcoat

mark elcoat


  • member
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:La Marina

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

Hi all


I'm asking on behalf of my In-laws.  It dosent look like they will be returning longterm due to Father in-laws ill health.  


I have a few Q's,If anybody can :smilie_help: ??


Selling of the villa, They seem to be under the impression they have too sell through an agent, Or can it be sold with just the involvement of a local solicitor, IE a cash sale.


Selling of the car.  Is it better to take it back to the main dealer or local sales pitch to save a lot of paper work. I've suggested selling with the property, this is to save time, but the I've been told it's more hassle than it's worth. 


Apparentley there is a local guy called Lee who's a window cleaner I've been informed is a very reliable guy, If anybody has his details it would be appreciated. 


Thanks to you all in advance  


#2 jimtaylor



  • VIP Member
  • 2,592 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mudamiento near Rafal

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

Use of an estate agent is definitely not mandatory, but you will of course need a solicitor.


Make sure you check out the current tax situation (Impuesto de Transmisiones Patrimoniales & Plusvalía) which will depend on whether your in-laws have been resident here, and if so for how long. The tax liability will probably be worsened because the proceeds of sale will not be invested in another property here. It will also depend on whether your in-laws are still resident at the time of sale - if not, then the buyer can deduct 5% retención from the purchase price, payable to Hacienda, to make sure the seller doesn't do a runner on their tax liability.


Selling the car to a garage is easier, but even then you'd have to make sure that all the paperwork was done, and they'd probably rip you off on price - especially if you let them know that the seller is moving back to the UK. A private sale would probably get a better price, and with the use of a gestor you could make sure all the paperwork is done properly.


I'm not up to date on property transfer taxes, so can't give you more precise information. Hopefully other forum members will be able to give you better advice.

#3 jonjac



  • VIP Member
  • 620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orpington Kent & Lamarina

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

I would think including the car in the villa price would attract people and may just give you a competitive edge and something to negotiate on you can sell private, BUT do make sure you use a solicitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users