• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VictorS

VictorS

red

• VIP Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Anyone notice that Iceland has raised its prices , now they are using an exchange rate of 1.35 Euros to £1 , that is roughly an 8% increase , just in time for the tourists to arrive , it appears that ripping off tourists , and everyone else in Spain is still alive , thank you so much Iceland , hope everyone else, like myself and my wife will boycott the place .

VictorS

#2 tigershoot

tigershoot

red

• VIP Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

When I first shopped there the conversion was 1.5. So all the £1 items were €1.50. Then as the pound weakened we started to get those items for €1.25. Now it seems as the pound has strengthened it is €1.35. They are in importer subject to currency fluctuations so this is to be expected. If you are on a UK pension then you are getting more each month than say 18 months ago when it was 1 to 1.

#3 VictorS

VictorS

red

• VIP Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:32 PM

Strange then that food prices have gone down in the Spanish Supermarkets , fuel costs have gone down , and 1.35 Euros nowhere equates to the present exchange rates , and to be honest the 1.5 Euros to the £ at the La Marina Iceland I do not remember , maybe at the Torrieviecja one .
Maybe if we got the offers that are printed on the packets it would not seem so bad , but they are practically non-existant . so I shall choose to use the Spanish Supermarkets and other smaller british concerns .
Did the staff get a pay rise out of the increased prices? I bet not .

VictorS

#4 safetyman

safetyman

red

• VIP Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

Just looked at the exchange rate at the momment just over €1.18-£1 and i would say that it has weakened again. Bearing in mind that they are paying uk prices to buy their products but then again there is a large profit margin to some of their goods i cant see the reason for this rise.
With regards wages i wouldnt think that they were high when it was €1.50 - £1 and that wage rates wont have changed apart from a possible increase due to inflation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users