• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:35 PM

Thought this would a good place as to store the Spanish Customs topics. Having a Spanish member, we can ask her loads of interesting questions to satisfy our curiosity about Spanish customs. Sorry to keep you so busy Paloma, but its great having someone Spanish who is so fluent in English on the forums :)

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#2 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

Thank you for trusting me.... I only hope that I will be able to have all the answers.... Anyway, I can always say Posted Image

#3 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Paloma
If you dont know it,it isnt worth knowing,love the stuff you put on here.
John :36_1_55[1]:
Cheers John

#4 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Gracias, John.
Now, I am going to tell you about a tradition for Palms Sunday (this Sunday). You have to buy something new that you must wear on this particular day. It is a Spanish tradition. There is even a proverb that says:

Domingo de Ramos, quien no estrena algo, se le caen las manos ("On Palm Sunday, the hands drop off of those who fail to wear something new").

I bought myself a nice pair of shoes, my husband did the same... A good excuse for everyone.

#5 boldlygoes

boldlygoes

red

• VIP Member
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:50 PM

Gracias, John.
Now, I am going to tell you about a tradition for Palms Sunday (this Sunday). You have to buy something new that you must wear on this particular day. It is a Spanish tradition. There is even a proverb that says:

Domingo de Ramos, quien no estrena algo, se le caen las manos ("On Palm Sunday, the hands drop off of those who fail to wear something new").

I bought myself a nice pair of shoes, my husband did the same... A good excuse for everyone.

Trust a woman to come up with a tradition that requires buying something new. Are you sure you didnt just make that one up?

#6 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:40 PM

No, no, I was quite prudent and reasonable there.... Wait until I tell you what you are supposed to buy for Easter Sunday.... Credit cards, beware!!!!!

#7 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

I like this tradition - and as we are in Mallorca Sunday ... Posted Image

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#8 Carole

Carole

red

• VIP Member
  • 557 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:50 AM

Paloma, you are a gem.

Recently this forum has come alive with information. Each day I can't wait to see what treasures there are waiting to be picked up.

No bitching, no back-biting, no name calling, just honest to goodness interest and fun.

Keep up the good work everyone.

:36_1_55[1]: :clever6613:

#9 PALOMA

PALOMA

red

• VIP Member
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Muchas gracias, Carole. Pero no soy ninguna joya. Es trabajo de equipo.

(Many thanks, Carole. But I am not a gem. It is team work.

#10 Aficionado

Aficionado

red

• VIP Member
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

No, no, I was quite prudent and reasonable there.... Wait until I tell you what you are supposed to buy for Easter Sunday.... Credit cards, beware!!!!!

Ooops!, I seem to have accidentally deleted the link to this forum from my wife's computer! :smilebig:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users