• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 minimad

minimad

red

• VIP Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

We have heard that you need to sign up for a new contract with Iberdrola unless you want to pay more for your electricity this year.
Apparently people are going down to Pilar de Horadada to sign up at the Iberdrola office there.

We don't understand this as we thought that the contract we had is renewed automatically each year.

There are also several Iberdrola service points nearer to La marina-
Elche,Alicante and Torrevieja-- why go to Pilar de la Horadada?

Can anyone throw any light on this as we don't want to pay any more for our electric than we have to.

HELP !!!!
:arracher-cheveux: :arracher-cheveux: :arracher-cheveux:
enjoying life to the full !!

#2 gmh

gmh

red

• VIP Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

I have read about this on the above forum where it is explained

Edited by Landlady, 14 January 2010 - 03:18 PM.
no links to other forums serving the Costa Blanca please

#3 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

This is the information cut and pasted from the other forum that gmh gave a link to:

Subject:- Iberdrola

I refer to items in last week´s Leader newspaper and the Round Town News. I have received a number of calls regarding these items.

For those of you who have not seen the reports, the Leader says that if customers have not re-registered with Iberdrola or one of their competitors then month on month, they will pay a surcharge on their bill of 20%.

For your information, I visited the Iberdrola counter at Pilar de la Horadada this morning. This is situated in the main street on the right hand side some 400 metres from the traffic island on the N 332 and is housed at the back of the "Master" chain electrical shop.

I showed the attendant the article from the Leader and she said that I must re-register my contract which she quickly did. All I needed was an Iberdrola bill and proof of my N.I.E. number or passport. I used my Spanish Driving Licence. I was told that the next bill I would receive would be for one month and the ones following that would be for two months. These bills would not be estimated but the meters would be read. She did not comment on the 20% penalty if I did not re-register.

The Round Town News article states that all Iberdrola customers must install within the next four years. a power control switch to over ride the supply if the potential was exceeded. She had not been informed about this.

I hope that this is of benefit to all.

Please pass on to those not on e-mail.

PLEASE Circulated

• IanB likes this

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#4 coolrunner

coolrunner

red

• VIP Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

i phoned iberdrola yesterday and they said that the contract is renewable twice a year (january and july ) and that i do not have to do anything and the 20% extra is not true

#5 regatta

regatta

green

• green
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

I found some information on the Iberdrola website, refering to something called a Mains Isolator, and how "a series of penalties will be added to your electricity bill" if you have not got one fitted. Hopefully I will make sense to someone......

Link to Iberdrola website

Regards, Neal
Regards, Neal

#6 jeannsteve

jeannsteve

red

• VIP Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:11 AM

I found some information on the Iberdrola website, refering to something called a Mains Isolator, and how "a series of penalties will be added to your electricity bill" if you have not got one fitted. Hopefully I will make sense to someone......

Link to Iberdrola website

Regards, Neal

Well now I'm really confused, we don't live in La marina and don,t know where to go to do this, also as has been said many times by several people, we have never had a bill since we bought the property. It just goes out of the bank, so even if we knew where to go we don't have a paper bill to take

#7 kemosabe

kemosabe

red

• VIP Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

I saw the info about the MI.
Isn't that the thing that annoyingly trips out when you run too many appliances, e.g. heating cooker washing machine and water heater, all at the same time?

I was under the impression that they are fitted as standard, but some people bypass them to stop them tripping out.

It may be that Spanish appliances aren't fused as UK ones are and it's a safety device. I know ours works perfectly well, it's very frustrating in the winter when we are using the heating and cooking at the same time.

As for the new contracts, I read in another forum that if it's in the free paper don't believe it. We did have a letter some time ago giving us the option of changing supplier or doing nothing ad staying with Iberdrola. Knowing the Spanish systems it seemed a wise move to do nothing about it and stick with Iberdrola.

K

#8 Carole

Carole

red

• VIP Member
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

According to an article on this in the Costa Blanca News 'Iberdrola began writing to all the clients it considers need to have the ICP (Interuptor Control Potencia) installed in September, informing them it is now obligatory.'

It also says that some older homes may need to have their electrical systems upgraded. Also properties over 40 years old will have to have part or all of their wiring replaced and may also have to contract for a greater amount of electricity.

bandaged.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users