• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:55 AM

This seems to be a good site for TV programmes. Not used it myself so donīt know if there is anything useful for people on there?

http://www.dedicatedtv.net/

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#22 bealerDSB

bealerDSB

red

• VIP Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

This seems to be a good site for TV programmes. Not used it myself so donīt know if there is anything useful for people on there?

http://www.dedicatedtv.net/

Looks great !!

http://s9.zetaboards.com/CraneEstate is great for the BritSoaps if you haven't got Torrent Speed.
You can simply buffer the flash viewer into pause until it's all loaded up.

Also RealityTVFAN.org is great for those BB Seasons + Others Posted Image
DSB.

#23 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Jim - I've simplified your concern regarding DRM Protected MP3's (thought about it last night..)
I'm thinking that you are wishing to do this purely for back storing the data / reference etc.

• Play the item with it's specified player.
  • At the same time connect a 3.5mm male2male jack from the headphone socket back into the microphone socket.
  • Open up realplayer and click record (input source option checked for mic-input)
Therefore, your DRM file plays out the headphone socket into the mic socket & realplayer records from the mic to an MP3 file.

DSB.

DSB - Sorry about delay replying - been preoccupied with other things. Thanks for your post - greenie point! After playing about with a few other ideas, it looks like yours is the only sure-fire answer. When I've more time, I'll cadge our friends's IPod and have a go.

Mind, I'm not sure about using Real Player - got rid of that and Quicktime some time ago - didn't need them once I'd put on K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, as everything now plays in Windows Media Player or VLC. Best answer is for ours friends to not renew their subscription to Audible, but to transfer to someone who delivers mp3s.

As regards torrenting, I've replaced BitTorrent with uTorrent, done port forwarding, allocated a non-standard port, forced encryption etc, with some success. Trouble is that there seems to be very little worth getting these days.

Jan kindly reminded me about Rapidshare, which I'd played with quite some time ago, and I've gone back to using that for now. Only problem about that is that I'm a tight sod, so I'm using the free option (which means turning router off and on after each download in order to get a new IP) and it's more painful to use than torrents, plus there isn't one central index of everything that's available.

Think I've wittered on long enough, and more importantly my whisky glass is empty!
Thanks again.
Jim

#24 bealerDSB

bealerDSB

red

• VIP Member
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:58 AM

Jim - Glad to have helped in some small way..
I'm constantly downloading the Torrents, all the normal suspects :

Corrie
Easties
Casualty
Holby
Harry Hill (don't ask) to name a few..

At least you got your port working again. I've pretty much used all the software out there on Torrents, but always come back to Azureus in advanced mode (download the old app because Vuze front end is a pain).

Happy downloading Jim.
DSB.

#25 jakslev

jakslev

red

• VIP Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

The best solution for all you people that still maintain a house or apartment in UK with 1) a TV and 2) a broadband connection is visiting the website of SlingBox.
The SlingBox is a piece of hardware that plugs into your UK internet connection and your UK TV-connection. It then transforms the signal to data and sends it online. Upload speed in UK should be as high as possible - with 1000 Kbit/s you are close to HD quality :o)

If you have a decent broadband connection, you can get up to 70 TV channels on you computer, including BBC2 (which I know is a problem to those with satellite dishes). I've recently been testing the various options, and have satisfied myself as to which is best (Margaret is now watching Egg Heads on BBC2 every evening!).

One of the options was referred to on another forum recently, and then appeared in Computer Active magazine and, as a result is, in my opinion, quite likely to be blocked in the near future.

My preferred option uses Windows Media Player to show the programs, so there is no need to install a dedicated player, and it plays at full screen. The installed program is only a third of a meg and, although it puts itself in your startup programs, you only need to use msconfig to disable it from startup.

I'm not going to give details on this forum, but if any forum member wants details, they can PM me for the information. I only ask that anyone who asks for the information then keeps it to themselves.

The only drawback I've found so far is that Margaret watches programmes I don't want to listen to!

I should point out that you need Microsoft Windows, so those of you running Macs will have to do their own research.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users