• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 minimad

minimad

red

• VIP Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

The other morning it was agony to walk around when I first got out of bed. It's now a bit better but I would still like to find a local osteopath or chiropractor.
So far the only offer has been from one who wanted 50 Euros for "about 30 minutes".
As a pensioner this seemed a bit expensive.
The only other one was in the centre of Alicante.
We don't mind if it's Spanish-we can get by!
Any offers or suggestions? surely there must be a local clinic nearer than Alicante??
enjoying life to the full !!

#2 Ards

Ards

red

• VIP Member
  • 895 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

I had to take my sister to a physiotherapist in Los Montisinos who charged 20 euros for 1 hour. She was really good.

I have posted before with the name and number so maybe you could use the search facility to find the post. Or other members may know.

#3 cherryb

cherryb

red

• VIP Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

I agree the one at Los Montesinos is excellent. Tel 966721687 they speak good English and will give directions over phone. If I remember correct you turn right after the second set of lights coming from La marina direction and it is in a block of flats about 100 meteres on the right.

#4 joolz30

joolz30

red

• VIP Member
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hi - Found this for you....

DR A MOZAFFARI (English speaking)
Expertise: Osteopath
Area covered: Alicante
Avenida Oscar Esplá, 28
03007 Alicante
Tel: 965132059

Recommended by British Embassy

#5 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

In the UK I used to see both osteopath and remedial masseur on a fortnightly basis. Since moving out here, I just see Sally at Dolores. She's not an osteo, but remedial masseuse (Graduate of the London & Counties Society of Physiologists). I used to walk everywhere with a stick, but don't need one now. €18 for an hour.
She's on the forum as SallyPat.

#6 minimad

minimad

red

• VIP Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

In the UK I used to see both osteopath and remedial masseur on a fortnightly basis. Since moving out here, I just see Sally at Dolores. She's not an osteo, but remedial masseuse (Graduate of the London & Counties Society of Physiologists). I used to walk everywhere with a stick, but don't need one now. €18 for an hour.
She's on the forum as SallyPat.

Thank you folks for all the helpful replies.

Following another recommendation I ended up with a session with an osteopath in Santa Pola, Tomas Sempere, located in Calle Ramon y Cajal,20 near the sea front. I phoned (629 363 757) for an appointment and he worked miracles. Just 25 Euros and I was in his clinic for nearly an hour and a half - well worth it. I've now had 2 sessions and he didn't recommend any more leaving it to me to return if needed
enjoying life to the full !!

#7 cherryb

cherryb

red

• VIP Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

Glad to hear you are all sorted out, best take it easy in future. Thus saying therre is no way you can predict when you are going to put your back out, one minute you are fine the next agony. Still heres hopeing you stay well.

#8 James health

James health

• PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

The other morning it was agony to walk around when I first got out of bed. It's now a bit better but I would still like to find a local osteopath or chiropractor.
So far the only offer has been from one who wanted 50 Euros for "about 30 minutes".
As a pensioner this seemed a bit expensive.
The only other one was in the centre of Alicante.
We don't mind if it's Spanish-we can get by!
Any offers or suggestions? surely there must be a local clinic nearer than Alicante??

last week I had a session with an osteopath in Orihuela Costa (Playa Flamenca), he is really good.

I recommend it. The name of the clinic is "Physiotherapy and Osteopathy Clinic"
This is the telephone number: 966730153

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users