New members saying hello

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 screencraft

screencraft

• PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hi, I recently moved to Spain, to Tossal Gross (La Font d'en Carros, just outside Oliva). Hoping to get questions answered and my life sorted! Ha ha! Thanks for accepting me on the forums. :D

#122 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Welcome, screencraft, we'll do what we can. Hope you'll become an active member.

Get a few posts and you'll have access to the VIP forum, where there's lots of good information in addition to all that (buried!) in the open forums.

• screencraft likes this

#123 screencraft

screencraft

• PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

Thanks Jim! I tend to have a ridiculously busy life, but will keep popping in when I can breathe. :D

#124 scotspike

scotspike

green

• green
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Hi Everyone,
We have owned a villa on La Marina Urb since 2008 and have been a member on this forum since 2009. I have had some great replies to questions in the past which I am grateful for. Just wanted to announce our arrival on 13 Jan when we are making the permanent move to Spain. We hope to be able to meet some of you in due course.

We are originally from Scotland but I have spent most of my life in the Army and are currently living in Hampshire. It is kicking out time for me now as I am considered too old to serve now at 55. Not that I am complaining, I am ready to leave and we are both looking forward to our new life in Spain.
  • weejohnten, greytop and Stokie like this

#125 Stokie

Stokie

red

• VIP Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

welcome scotspike enjoy. La Marina Spain welcomes you and your family i'm sure you will enjoy. stokie.

#126 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Hi, I recently moved to Spain, to Tossal Gross (La Font d'en Carros, just outside Oliva). Hoping to get questions answered and my life sorted! Ha ha! Thanks for accepting me on the forums. :D

Welcome hope you find the answers to your questions on here and possibly answer a few for other members in time . All the very best with your new life in Spain :8_6_11v:

Cheers John

#127 Neeseymama

Neeseymama

• PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

Hi. I have joined this last week and hopefully will be coming out beginning of April to look for a place in the sun.

Feeling a little bit nervous as it is a big adventure for me. Hoping to make new friends to make it feel not so daunting

#128 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

Welcome, and I hope you find what you want.

Where are looking to buy - in a ghetto (oops!, Urb), in a town, or in the country.

When you get down to the nuts and bolts of it, if you've any questions you can't find an answer to by searching the forum, start a new topic.

#129 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

Welcome.  Love our ghetto (oops! Urb)   Love the fact that I only have a few minutes walk to supermarkets, variety of bars and restaurants, where there´s plenty of things to do, dancing, crafts, exercise classes, etc.etc.etc without having to drive miles.

Love having lots of friends around that we can pop in to have a cuppa with or call on when in need and they´ll be at my door in minutes.

Love having a beautiful beach just 10 minutes down the road which I can cycle to.

Each to their own :)

• happyjackseven likes this

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#130 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

Hope you enjoy your adventure. I spent over eight years in La Marina enjoying most of it and some I felt I didnt like. But one thing you will enjoy and that is because lots of people over here are retired, they have more time for you and you wi ll be offered time and help. Dont worry about that caustic comment by that Jim fellow. If you need any good advice you will find he will be the first person to give you the best answer,but he lives in wide open spaces and isnt keen on Urbs.

• purdy likes this

#131 Neeseymama

Neeseymama

• PipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:58 PM

Hi

Thankyou for your warm welcome

It is nice to know the forum is quite active, as I think I will be needing it. As for Jimtaylor I am sure he is a lovely man.

#132 monika_paszkowiak@wp.pl

monika_paszkowiak@wp.pl

• PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

Hello everyone,
nice to be with you :)

#133 creator

creator

red

• VIP Member
  • 576 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

Hello Monika, welcome to the forum.

#134 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 464 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:24 PM

Hi Monika. Hope you find the forum useful.

Brian

#135 paullewis

paullewis

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hello.

Bought a Villa in La Marina Urb last year and visited 6-7 times already. Looking forward to many more holidays and hoping to retire there in years to come.

#136 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#137 creator

creator

red

• VIP Member
  • 576 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

Hi Paul, welcome. We have been on the Urb. for nearly 8 years ( 13 years in Spain ) and still love it. A good place to retire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users