• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mortgage wizard

mortgage wizard

red

• VIP Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

We go to S.A.T.S. twice a week to walk the rescue dogs for a couple of hours. It helps the staff out as they enough to do with cleaning etc.

We usually take out a total of about 6 small or medium dogs for a short walk (one at a time!!)

They do have some dog walkers and one guy goes every day.

They desperately need other dog walkers if anyone can spare a couple of hours even if its only once or twice a week!!

Their number is 966710047. They are open 11 - 1 each day for phone calls except Weds but if you leave a message on their answerphone they will ring you back.

Many thanks.

#2 Helena

Helena

red

• VIP Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:11 AM

They desperately need other dog walkers if anyone can spare a couple of hours even if its only once or twice a week!!

Where is this place located.

If it's not too far from me I would give a bit of time and help out.

As long as it's not too distressing as I get too upset about all these animals.

#3 ALFIEKRAUS

ALFIEKRAUS

red

• VIP Member
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 10:15 AM

:assagi: I hope you all take your 'Pooper Scoopers' and plastic bags.

#4 barbarah

barbarah

red

• red
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hi to all you animal lovers just like us. We actually got our 2 wonderful dogs from Sats last year, a black 18 month old Belgium Shepard and a small cross westie type of dog but very lovely and extremely lively. I have to say what a wonderful place very clean, the dogs looked very happy and the staff was just great, they asked where we lived and what kind of house we lived in how much garden etc etc and then showed us all the dogs that they felt would be right for us. I dont think i could ever work there even on a voluntary basis as i would end up taking them all.
Even though they were both had been vaccinated we still took them to a Vet in Benijofar for a checkup and was told that they are both in excellent condition and have now booked them in to be Spayed. by the way if you tell them that your dog or cat was a rescue they give you a 50% discount which i thought was good

#5 Guest_dannyboy_*

Guest_dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

We go to S.A.T.S. twice a week to walk the rescue dogs for a couple of hours. It helps the staff out as they enough to do with cleaning etc.

We usually take out a total of about 6 small or medium dogs for a short walk (one at a time!!)

They do have some dog walkers and one guy goes every day.

Their number is 966710047. They are open 11 - 1 each day for phone calls except Weds but if you leave a message on their answerphone they will ring you back.

Many thanks.

Hi Ya can you please tell me is it true that they are re-locating? if so do you know where to? I agree they do a wonderful job as do all the volunteers that work there.

#6 johnnie1uk

johnnie1uk

red

• VIP Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hi Ya can you please tell me is it true that they are re-locating? if so do you know where to? I agree they do a wonderful job as do all the volunteers that work there.

From what i have heard it is still in the air. Visit there charity shop in LaMarina for the latest info
A-Brit-In-Spain.blogspot.com

#7 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

Margaret and a friend used to dog walk there, but ended up being demotivated.
At the time, they were mopping out a pen at same time as dogs being walked from that pen - result slipping about when getting a dog, plus dogs getting excited and putting dirty paw marks all over clothing.
Also, men were walking small dogs, and ladies expected to walk the big dogs - result getting dragged about, which you don't want even if it is just a country lane.
Then some of the other dog walkers tried telling others what to do.
Margaret and Lynne put up with this for quite a while, but after one session walked out, said 'we don't need this', and haven't been back.

#8 Dee Hughes

Dee Hughes

red

• VIP Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hi there, I am back living on La Marina now, and would love to get a dog fix by doing some walking for Satīs. Can you please let me have directions on how to get there, and do they only do it on a Saturday, thanks in anticipation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users