• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 limetree

limetree

red

• VIP Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:15 PM

hi all. can anyone tell me if you can receive english freeview channels if you take over a freeview box to spain. thanks

#2 happyjackseven

happyjackseven

red

• VIP Member
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hi ,No an English freeview box will not work in Spain. I recently took over a "tv stick" which incorporated freeview and as expected it could not find anything.

Jack
Happyjackseven

#3 kemosabe

kemosabe

red

• VIP Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

Hi ,No an English freeview box will not work in Spain. I recently took over a "tv stick" which incorporated freeview and as expected it could not find anything.

Jack

I bought a Spanish free view box in Tien 21. It will convert the language to English of things that have Spanish dubbed on.
In theory!

K

#4 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:25 PM

Like the UK Spain is slowly changing over from analogue to digital terrestrial TV and depending on area you can receive the digital Spanish TV and radio channels already with a digital decoder box (45€ upwards). I've only found one channel that has regular dual language films (Sony Veo), but I have satellite so don't often venture into the Spanish terrestrial channels. You can buy small dish Spanish satellite packages with a mix of free/encrypted channels, use a small dish for limited UK channels or go the whole hog with a large (2.4m recommended) satellite dish and get a mix of UK channels from the Sky satellites. Also more and more of the Costas are covered by private services offering a mix of telephone, ADSL and TV so you may get UK TV that way (and indeed may be forced into it by a lack of Telefonica lines)
With any UK TV equipment relying on broadcast frequencies there may be compatibility problems so unless it's reasonably new (modern electronics can handle different standards) I'd be wary of spending money getting it here. If it comes with a package of furniture then give it a bash - you can throw it away this end if need be!!

#5 slob1

slob1

• PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

hi all. can anyone tell me if you can receive english freeview channels if you take over a freeview box to spain. thanks

no you cant but u can by them from shops for nt mch and its worth every euro if you watch t.v alot

#6 elaine

elaine

red

• red
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

Hi There
Has anyone got superbeam sky TV package. Is it any good?
If not can anyone recommend a good place to get sky TV from

thanks
Elaine

#7 Carole

Carole

red

• VIP Member
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:39 PM

Hi There
Has anyone got superbeam sky TV package. Is it any good?
If not can anyone recommend a good place to get sky TV from

thanks
Elaine

We live in Almoradí and have had Superbeam since we came to live here nearly 3 years ago. Luckily one of their employees lives in the same building as us so if we have problems it is handy to just knock on his door. Having said that, we have not had many problems at all. We have 41 TV channels (besides the Spanish channels on the community system) and quite a number of radio channels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users