• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amarillo

Amarillo

red

• VIP Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

I've got so many of his songs in my head since reading of his death, bringing back memories of childhood and listening to radio 1.

I think 'Honey come back' and 'By the time I get to Phoenix' are probably my favourite.

Any other favourites out there?

#2 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

You've got me singing to myself now! Can't do it out loud or I'd be in line for a divorce.

He was a really nice guy.

My favourites are Gentle on my Mind, Mull of Kintyre, and the William Tell Overture - the guitar's not my favourite instrument, but he was a superb player when he was let loose.

#3 Martin

Martin

red

• VIP Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

I know a lot of his hits but only found out today the he played as a session musician on Daydream Believer by The Monkees, You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling by The Righteous Brothers, Strangers in the Night by Frank Sinatra and Viva Las Vegas by Elvis Presley among many others. He also filled in for Brian Wilson on a Beach Boys tour in the 60's when he suffered a breakdown and appeared with John Wayne in the film True Grit.
RIP.

Edited by Martin, 09 August 2017 - 07:29 PM.

#4 Dr Phibes

Dr Phibes

red

• VIP Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

" He's still getting" ..........Cards and Letters from people I don't even know, and offers coming over the phone.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users