• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ste46

Ste46

red

• VIP Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Has anyone been here lately? We have been a number of times over the last couple of years and always found it excellent.

My wife went for a ladies lunch on Thursday in a party of 40 and the majority of them were, shall we say, somewhat disappointed - I will say no more than that.

Has it changed hands recently? as it appears that the old ex-Villoriens staff seemed no longer to be there.

Steve

#2 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

I'd certainly be interested to hear something on this.  We have had La Cosecha recommended to us several times, but not quite got around to going.  But if it's going downhill...

#3 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:28 AM

La Cosecha
My wife and I have been a few times they seem to be very good with small groups food at lunchtime was good and reasonable prices . However my wife like the above went with a group of 20 and the food and service was nothing like the attention to detail we have had. A word of warning beware of Wednesday lunchtimes every 2nd week the local bowling club come for lunch approx 40 and all hell breaks loose is the words I would use to describe it.
Would I recommend it try a lunch with a party of 2 or 4 and draw your own conclusions , mine is I haven't been for a couple of months .
Lucas
As regards Lucas we were in when it first opened it was very good if expensive but quality food and service . Not surprised it closed past many times nobody in there a real shame but if your not doing a 3 course of slops for around 10 your not quoted in this place . We have very few places on the Urb that we eat in as my wife is Vegetarian .

Edited by weejohnten, 12 July 2017 - 06:32 AM.

• jimtaylor and DHubbard like this
Cheers John

#4 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

Steve, I'm a bit late posting this, apologies.

At our coffee morning today, one of the ladies said she went for a meal last night, and the food and service were excellent, there was a good singer on, and the staff were the same as usual. She was in a party of 20 people, and they'd all chosen in advance what they were going to eat, so Cosecha had time to do the prep.

Another friend said she recently went for lunch in a party of 40, and couldn't fault either the food or service. Again, they'd told them in advance what they wanted.

• KateandBob and DHubbard like this

#5 KateandBob

KateandBob

red

• VIP Member
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

the manageress (forget her name) is no longer there hasnt been for few weeks now, she is at grill house now.

• jimtaylor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users