#1 Aaitch

Aaitch

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Try this - and do let me know your results:

Alan

Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom - O Wendel Holmes

#2 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

I'll tell you what Alan, you try it and let us know!

To me, it sounds like pseudo-science, but I'm willing to be convinced.

It's the free electrons which allow the signal to be transmitted, so these are necessary.

Filling the fourth electron ring in a copper atom would make it unstable, and it would immediately revert back to the way it was.

If the cable hasn't got fibre optic filaments running along it, then shining a torch at it won't make any difference. 

Even if it has, the photons running along any fire optic filaments won't be energetic enough to have any effect outside that filament.

Wrapping foil round it won't have any effect if the wires in the cable are already shielded.

On the relatively slow internet speeds that those of us not on a fibre optic connection have, all you need is a Cat 5 ethernet cable. By all means add extra shielding by wrapping foil round it, but don't expect a speed increase.

Please prove me wrong.

#3 Aaitch

Aaitch

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

I'll tell you what Alan, you try it and let us know!

To me, it sounds like pseudo-science, but I'm willing to be convinced.

It's the free electrons which allow the signal to be transmitted, so these are necessary.

Filling the fourth electron ring in a copper atom would make it unstable, and it would immediately revert back to the way it was.

If the cable hasn't got fibre optic filaments running along it, then shining a torch at it won't make any difference. 

Even if it has, the photons running along any fire optic filaments won't be energetic enough to have any effect outside that filament.

Wrapping foil round it won't have any effect if the wires in the cable are already shielded.

On the relatively slow internet speeds that those of us not on a fibre optic connection have, all you need is a Cat 5 ethernet cable. By all means add extra shielding by wrapping foil round it, but don't expect a speed increase.

Please prove me wrong.

Clue Jim - check the date of the video

Alan

Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom - O Wendel Holmes

#4 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:23 AM

Hands up - you got me!

#5 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

...plus the thought of 400 MB/s in Spain!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users