• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

It's always been possible to download e.g. YouTube videos, but some of the ways of doing it are a bit protracted.

For a couple of weeks, I've been using:

https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter

It makes life easy - just paste the link, and then select which video format you want. If you only want to rip the audio, then again select the format you want. The conversion speed is excellent, as is the download speed.

The conversion speed doesn't seem to depend on the size of the video - a one and a half hour concert is done as quickly as a three minute clip.

Every ten times you do a conversion, you do get a popup, but these are easy to close and none are malignant.

I've had to buy another 64 GB memory stick to take what I've got, and the dragon and I find it much better to watch some of my collection on TV, rather than putting up with some of the rubbish programs that are on.

As an aside, our Spanish friend and masseur has just come back from a visit to the UK, and says that the programs he saw there are as bad as the Spanish.

• geoffllo likes this

#2 PeterS

PeterS

red

• VIP Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:04 PM

For downloading I use Modzilla with the YouTube video and audiodownloader. In Youtube when paying a video it gives you a button in orange with the text download. After pressing it it gives you in the Youtube window several download formats and sizes. Do pause the video for more speed. When it is downloading you can go to an other video and do the same, it will download all the videos you selected in the format you want.
  • jimtaylor likes this

#3 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:55 PM

Hi Peter. I assume you mean the add-on to Mozilla Firefox. I've not tried it myself, but then I'm not a lover of Firefox. I find that if you've got a few tabs open with video clips, then it crashes Flash player, which doesn't happen in Chrome. In addition, I don't only download YouTube. 

But it's always nice to hear other people's comments. Anyone else got a favourite way of doing it?

#4 creator

creator

red

• VIP Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:15 PM

http://www.dvdvideos...eo-software.htm

A suite of tools for downloading and converting that I find very useful.

Edited by creator, 13 January 2017 - 11:20 PM.

• jimtaylor likes this

#5 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:50 AM

That looks quite good Clive, just a pity it's YouTube only.

#6 Studio 17

Studio 17

red

• VIP Member
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

I use Wondershare's 'AllMyTube' - used it free at first, but then paid a one-off small fee and can download videos from anywhere and convert them to any format or just sound etc.

Martin the artist in Rojales
Capture the beauty

#7 creator

creator

red

• VIP Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

That looks quite good Clive, just a pity it's YouTube only.

Try Jdownloader Jim. It takes a bit of getting used to but I find it excellent

http://www.jdownload.../download/index

• jimtaylor likes this

#8 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:41 AM

I've got Jdownloader set up on one of my virtual computers, and agree with how you describe it. I've only used it for downloading from file sharing hosts. Unfortunately I've lost internet connectivity on both my virtual machines, and haven't yet been able to sort the problem.

• creator likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users