• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

I'm a little cautious about recommending places, since people's tastes and ideas about what constitutes a good meal or value for money are so varied.  I'm also aware that Burgundy, on the "strip" in La Marina Urb attracts wildly contrasting opinions on Facebook pages devoted to La Marina. 

With that in mind, I wanted to share my very positive opinion of their evening menu, which we tried for the first time last night.  My wife and I both had their carpaccio of beef to start - excellent and a good portion too.  She followed this with their three fish dome - a mix of salmon, cod and - we think from memory - hake.  Her view is that it was very tasty and that the accompanying sauce was "out of this world".  I went for swordfish steak - I too was delighted with a good sized piece of fish, beautifully cooked (and not smothered in oil as is often the case) and served with a gorgeous risotto.  There was a little mix up on our desserts - I though we had both asked for the cheese plate, but the waiter heard "cheesecake"!  I'm not a sweet tooth and usually give desserts away but the cheesecake was absolutely superb.  We chatted to Sharon, one of the two chefs, who said she was proud of her cheesecake - but that her son does an even better one in the chip shop in La Marina...modest lady!  Everything was presented beautifully.

We were also pleasantly surprised that Burgundy's wine list is reasonably priced - none of the 4 Euro bottles you might get somewhere else - but also nothing which would break the bank.

So, a really excellent meal, presented beautifully and served by a friendly and attentive waiter and cooked by people who obviously really know what they are doing.  And attractively priced - our three course meal was 16.95 Euros each.

• Don, boldlygoes and weejohnten like this

#2 jonjac

jonjac

red

• VIP Member
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

Would that be this page https://www.facebook...amarinagossip/#

#3 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

Funnily enough....

#4 Jean Ansell

Jean Ansell

• PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:21 PM

We have just returned from back to uk after visiting with my parents. I must express how wonderful our evening at the Burgundy on the 16th June was. My husband had the carpaccio of beef, he was really impressed, followed by the swordfish which he assured me was amazing and then the biggest custard tart I have ever seen. I being not so bold in the food stakes, started with a beautiful prawn cocktail, followed by a huge filet steak, it was cooked to perfection. I had the chocolate loaded profiteroles. We had a lovely bottle of wine. And I can honestly say the service and presentation was spot on. Well done Burgundy what a great place to eat. I would also say I don't think I could have had the same meal with the same quality of produce and service anywhere else on the urb strip. Bearing in mind we have been coming to la Marina for the past 14 years and have seen many changes, not all for the good. The Burgundy is definitely is for the good.
I hope they go from strength to strength.
  • weejohnten likes this

#5 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

What a shame Burgundy has now closed and the sister establishment - Plaza 39 - is not carrying on the "fine dining" menu.  We haven't eaten in Plaza 39 yet but must say their breakfast menu looks brilliant (and good value) with some really different dishes such as (I think) Nuremburg breakfast (German sausage, sauerkraut and other items) and Eggs Benedict and Eggs Royale.  These are served with a cuppa or a Bucks Fizz!  Will report when we've tried...

• weejohnten likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)