• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mal Johnson

Mal Johnson

red

• VIP Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

Does anybody know the e mail address to the guy who deals with the local spanish council in the grey area of La Marina, I think his name is Paul, I dont seem to be getting anywhere with my previous post about extension builds, and I have been told that this is the man who would know the answer.

#2 Don

Don

red

• Validating
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

You may mean Mura,www.Mura.org.es try them anyway

#3 Mal Johnson

Mal Johnson

red

• VIP Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:34 PM

Thank you, I'll send an e mail off to them

#4 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 04:02 AM

If you know someone who speaks Spanish, then you could just ask the town hall if they've received a 'Solicitud de licencia para obra major' for your property and, if so, what the town hall did by way of a response.

#5 Mal Johnson

Mal Johnson

red

• VIP Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:00 PM

Hi Jim, I am only going by what the builders have told me, adding that they could do the build, but I would have to sign a disclaimer so that any order to take it down would not incur an expense against them.  I spoke with my Spanish solicitors last year, and they seem to think that it could be a temporary block by the town hall because of the many illegal builds done in recent years.  I am not after an illegal build, as I would want this added to my deeds. Thanks  for your advice, I will look for an interpreter when I next come out and approach the town hall.

#6 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

It´s a few years since I did any work on a house but I´m pretty sure you need to register most things through the town hall.

There will be an engineering building department in there and (for me in Pego) they were very helpful. Doing it that way means they will also update the Catastral details - which did not happen with the many "illegal" extensions, pools etc. that they are now catching up with using aerial photos.

You may also need licences during the build for skips in the road etc and they will be issued by the same department, although the builder may well handle that for you.

Buena suerte.

Edited by greytop, 09 May 2016 - 11:16 AM.

#7 Mal Johnson

Mal Johnson

red

• VIP Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

Thanks , for the input, the more I receive, the more i'm wondering just how much of the work these builders are doing is actually legal.  They tell me that they can sort out the licences, but if that is the case, how is the local town hall now refusing to allow builds to go ahead. Thanks greytop, my first port of call in December then is obviously the town hall.  

#8 boldlygoes

boldlygoes

red

• VIP Member
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:51 PM

Thanks , for the input, the more I receive, the more i'm wondering just how much of the work these builders are doing is actually legal.  They tell me that they can sort out the licences, but if that is the case, how is the local town hall now refusing to allow builds to go ahead. Thanks greytop, my first port of call in December then is obviously the town hall.

I was told by a builder last week that the town hall are not giving out any licences for building work atthe moment. Something to do with corruption in the architect department. As with all these stories it may or may not be true.

#9 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:09 AM

It's ten years since I brought myself up to speed on planning permission legislation, and things may well have changed, and either central government or Valencia may have more recent legislation.

However, it used to be that if a council didn't respond to a planning application within three months of filing an application, then permission was deemed to have been granted by 'Silencio Administrativo'.

It might be worth checking what the current legislation is, when the builders submitted the planning application, and if the council responded to that with a formal refusal..

Edited by jimtaylor, 10 May 2016 - 03:13 AM.

#10 Mal Johnson

Mal Johnson

red

• VIP Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hi guys, I thought that after the last corruption scandal, (where a couple of Brits volunteered to run the council after the local Mayor and certain officials were caught with their hands in  the cookie jar,) that we might have got ourselves a decently run council, it appears not the bad apples just seem to move to another part of the barrel.  Looks like I'm going to have fun in December when I go to speak with them. (Or maybe I should take a large brown envelope?????)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users