• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Does anyone know for sure what is happening to the land below Consum Square ie behind the units in which the Correos is situated?

#2 boldlygoes

boldlygoes

red

• VIP Member
  • 831 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

Does anyone know for sure what is happening to the land below Consum Square ie behind the units in which the Correos is situated?

I heard a rumour it was going to be another China shop . 

#3 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Heard same thing but this seems a tad strange.  Why would someone go to the expense of building a "todo" shop when there are units going begging right next door?  Hope someone has the full gen!!

#4 VictorS

VictorS

red

• VIP Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Have heard 3 different things , The Merca China as mentioned above , a garage ( which I discount as no tanks have been put in for fuel ) and lastly , flats / apartments . Whichever it is will get rid of an unsightly mess anyway .

Vic

#5 tordy58

tordy58

red

• VIP Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

Can someone from the council give us the true answer, surely planning has been submitted to them ??

#6 highlander

highlander

red

• VIP Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

The land behind the Consum Square? I regret to say that at this moment, I am unable to say for certain, what the plans are for this area. I do know that it has been bought over by a group of Chinese businessmen. A few weeks ago , two well dressed Chinese men came to my office to ask some questions about the Urbanisation. They were interested in how the population of the Urb varied from season to season. They also asked me what type of business was needed on the Urb. I stated that we did not need another Merca China but an "Outlet" store, selling a large selection of branded household and fashion items would be good. as residents had to travel to other large towns to get what they needed. Whether or not this was for the Consum area, I cannot say.
I will speak to one of the technicos tomorrow to see what light they can shine on this question.
  • Landlady, Don, weejohnten and 6 others like this

#7 tordy58

tordy58

red

• VIP Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

So what did technicos have too say about it ???

#8 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

Tordy58,

Jeff stated lasted Thursday that he was unsure, but would check with one of the technico's to try to shed some light on it.

Today is the Ninth, in between these times I think we have had a weekend and two bank holidays.

Give the Guy a chance to at least find someone who is available and who knows the answer to the question, or would you prefer Jeff to take what he is told as gospel, If so I hope he thinks back to when he has told us things, only to have it thrown in his face, because the people he works with (the Councillors etc) have moved the goalposts and not informed him. So hopefully this time he will check out whatever he is told. With that in mind, I am willing to wait a while.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY 

• Don, DHubbard and purdy like this

#9 tordy58

tordy58

red

• VIP Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

There is a item in everybody's office called a telephone, if you use said item you usually get an instant answer.

#10 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:47 PM

I think craven is right...let's give Jeff a chance to get the accurate information.  My experience at work in the UK was that you can't always immediately contact the person in the know, whether by phone or email, particularly around bank holidays.  The building work is going on now and us waiting a while longer to get an accurate answer won't stop the concrete pouring or, I think, hurt most of us?

#11 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

3366863-patience.jpg

:medium-smiley-010:

• DHubbard likes this

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#12 jonjac

jonjac

red

• VIP Member
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

3366863-patience.jpg

:medium-smiley-010:

I agree

#13 chunkeyman

chunkeyman

red

• VIP Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

I want to know and I want to know now!!!!!! My god what sort of Christmas is this going to be .... sleepless nights just waiting to hear what the hell they are going to build!  :(

• Landlady, DHubbard and purdy like this

#14 tordy58

tordy58

red

• VIP Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

And the answer is ................................................

#15 highlander

highlander

red

• VIP Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

POPULAR

You can all stop speculating. I visited the main man in the architect's office and examined the application and the plans. All of which has been approved. The plan is to construct a Bazaar de Chino. It will only consist of a large warehouse with parking and is of similar size to the one near to Mercadona. Construction is planned for completion by next summer. Please note the delay was due to the senior architect being unavailable. But as someone commented, it is not the first time that a telephone call was made and to be informed of something, only to later find out we had been misinformed. We have learned not to ass u me, that everything we are told is true, we find it best to speak to the organ grinder and where possible, examine the documents.
The technico staff are usually out from the offices during the week and it is normally on Tuesdays and Thursdays that they reserve for appointments. I prefer to show some manners and wait for an opportunity in between appointments to ask my questions. I hope that this satisfies all those that have enquired.

Edited by highlander, 11 December 2014 - 03:19 PM.

• happyjackseven, jimtaylor, jonjac and 7 others like this

#16 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for responding with facts and not fiction,not great another Chino but hey ho it fills the eye sore that was there. :(

• james76 likes this
Cheers John

#17 jonjac

jonjac

red

• VIP Member
  • 620 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

You can all stop speculating. I visited the main man in the architect's office and examined the application and the plans. All of which has been approved. The plan is to construct a Bazaar de Chino. It will only consist of a large warehouse with parking and is of similar size to the one near to Mercadona. Construction is planned for completion by next summer. Please note the delay was due to the senior architect being unavailable. But as someone commented, it is not the first time that a telephone call was made and to be informed of something, only to later find out we had been misinformed. We have learned not to ass u me, that everything we are told is true, we find it best to speak to the organ grinder and where possible, examine the documents.
The technico staff are usually out from the offices during the week and it is normally on Tuesdays and Thursdays that they reserve for appointments. I prefer to show some manners and wait for an opportunity in between appointments to ask my questions. I hope that this satisfies all those that have enquired.

All good information comes to those that wait

#18 tordy58

tordy58

red

• VIP Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

Thank you for the information. So the business men didn't take your advice then,  quote " I stated we did not need another Merca China ".

Would have loved it too be a Dealz store. Once again thank you for putting an end to speculation.

#19 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

Thank you,  patience has been rewarded :)

:cid12:

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#20 iJ0rd8n

iJ0rd8n

red

• VIP Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

fanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users