• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 geoffllo

geoffllo

red

• VIP Member
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

EBay are changing the system. Under the new arrangement, the seller will send the item to EBay, who in turn will ship it to you here in Spain.

I've been waiting 10 days for a delivery under the old method and the new system sounds like a recipe for things taking even longer to arrive!

This article explains things:-

http://www.pcadvisor...&olo=newsletter

Geoff.

#2 creator

creator

red

• VIP Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for that info Geoff.  I agree that items may well take a couple of days more to arrive but at least the shipping costs will be fair.

Also there will be a lot more choice of sellers as a lot won't post abroad and now will not have to.

Regards,

Clive.

#3 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Creator it is still up to the seller to decide if he want to post outside the UK . There is no compulsion to force a seller to trade in Europe or the world market place. It will be interesting to see how their perceived postage correlates with the actual PO when you take it down to dispatch 

Cheers John

#4 creator

creator

red

• VIP Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

Creator it is still up to the seller to decide if he want to post outside the UK . There is no compulsion to force a seller to trade in Europe or the world market place. It will be interesting to see how their perceived postage correlates with the actual PO when you take it down to dispatch 

But the seller won't be posting outside the UK. That is the whole point. They will be posting to Ebay in the UK. It is then down to Ebay to to deal with the onward shipping abroad. 

eBay Global Shipping Programme: What is it?

The Global Shipping Programme is eBay's attempt to open up items for sale on its auction site to a global- rather than local audience. It is well aware of the fact that many of its members will refuse to sell outside the UK, simply because they don't want the hassle of posting items abroad. The Global Shipping Programme removes this hassle. 

Nothing will change for you the seller: you will get a UK postal address to which you should despatch your item. eBay then posts the item abroad on your behalf. This means you get a much bigger pool of potential buyers, without the hassle of working out international postage costs. 

And as the buyer, there will be no more desperately trying to convince another eBay member on the other side of the world to sell you an item, only to be turned down because it sounds like too much hard work. It also means international postage will be accurately calculated by eBay, so you won't get ripped off and pay over the odds for the priviledge.

• weejohnten likes this

#5 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:18 AM

Thanks Creator point taken, I'm gonna do a dummy run get my daughter to put something on and buy it delivered to the Urb LaMarina just to see how long it takes.
Cheers John

#6 creator

creator

red

• VIP Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

That will be interesting. Let us know how you get on.

#7 james76

james76

red

• VIP Member
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Creator point taken, I'm gonna do a dummy run get my daughter to put something on and buy it delivered to the Urb LaMarina just to see how long it takes.

. Great idea John,can't wait to here the outcome
james76

#8 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hey, John, why don't you get her to deliver it to me, would be a much better test. A bottle of Lagavulin would be nice!

• creator likes this

#9 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

Ah well Jim you need to bid & pay lol you get nowt for nowt
Cheers John

#10 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

I had to try, John!

Margaret would normally replenish my stock on a trip to Scotland in November or December, but flight prices are so stupid this year that she probably won't be going back until the new year, by which time I'll be totally bereft. Not only that, but I'll be missing a bit of peace and quiet.

If I put her on eBay, would you bid on her and find out how much they'd charge for global shipping?

#11 greytop

greytop

red

• VIP Member
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

You could use standard delivery and make her walk ;)

#12 Ayrez

Ayrez

red

• VIP Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Our first item ordered using the new system arrived today.

Ordered on 10th November so it seems to be faster than before.

#13 geoffllo

geoffllo

red

• VIP Member
  • 942 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Certainly is! I'm waiting for an item that was sent 20 days ago!!

Geoff.

#14 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

Mines arrived today 11 days from order fair deal I think , I can live with it
Cheers John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users