• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jonjac

jonjac

red

• VIP Member
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

If you hire cars on regular times through out the year it could be cheaper to buy in the long term ending up with the car paying for its self

#22 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

If you hire cars on regular times through out the year it could be cheaper to buy in the long term ending up with the car paying for its self

I agree bought a car 4 yrs ago when the banks crashed as hire cars were all of a sudden extortionate, we hire on average 8/12 weeks @ year at that time. bought a reasonable seat ibiza about 6 yrs old cost 4500 euro

insurance per year 250 euro suma 50 euro  itv  50 euro by annual till cars 10yrs old.Servicing because mileage is limited i change the oil every 2yrs thats bout it put 4 tyres on 200 euro

so work it out for yourself

Cheers John

#23 GCfromVC

GCfromVC

red

• VIP Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Hi.

We have used DoYouSpain.

They tried it on at the airport via one of the mainstream companies asking for extra money for insurance. Told them no thanks as we already paid for comprehensive. Took it back full up of fuel with no issues.

#24 CJ1969

CJ1969

red

• VIP Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

I stopped using doyouspain and all the big search engine company's for ever summer holiday because they are too busy during that period, one July I had to que for 2.5hours to collect my car at Alicante.

Th wait was horrendous people skipping ques and people getting abusive etc etc.

I swore never again so for now every July August I use small local company who me with a cheap car without any que or fuss and they are Torrecar!

Coys are good but there car fleet is poor this year and they only have petrol Opel/Vauxhall available

#25 GCfromVC

GCfromVC

red

• VIP Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:00 PM

I've recently been using a guy called Les (I think the company name is "Wheels in Spain"). You can pick up from airport or he can deliver to where you are staying. You do not have to pay for a full tank of petrol, you give it back with the same amount that you receive. Also, very importantly, you get fully comprehensive insurance at no extra cost. The only things not covered are tyres and keys, so if you have an accident, or if someone damages the car, you have nothing to pay. He also includes extra drivers at no extra cost. Although I've always found his prices competitive, you might find something with a cheaper "headline" price, but by the time you add on all the extras they are normally far more expensive, than Les.
His phone number is 635 732 012.

I've recently been using a guy called Les (I think the company name is "Wheels in Spain"). You can pick up from airport or he can deliver to where you are staying. You do not have to pay for a full tank of petrol, you give it back with the same amount that you receive. Also, very importantly, you get fully comprehensive insurance at no extra cost. The only things not covered are tyres and keys, so if you have an accident, or if someone damages the car, you have nothing to pay. He also includes extra drivers at no extra cost. Although I've always found his prices competitive, you might find something with a cheaper "headline" price, but by the time you add on all the extras they are normally far more expensive, than Les.
His phone number is 635 732 012.

Hi......just wondered if anybody gas an email for Les as I would like to make an enquiry. Many thanks all.
Bloody keyboard......"anybody has"

Regards

Glen

#26 Ste46

Ste46

red

• VIP Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

Can't find a web page, but they're on Facebook.

Steve

#27 DHubbard

DHubbard

red

• VIP Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

I've mentioned them before, but worth another mention of Solmar, since we're in La Marina now with a car hired from them.  No queue, just a wait at the bus stops at the airport for their minibus to take us to their site about a mile from the terminal.  We're using a Peugeot 208, a bit scruffy, but the person who we dealt with walked around the car with us noting every scratch etc.  The hire cost for 18 days was 177 Euros, which I think is very reasonable.  We went for their "Premium" option, which is fuel "full to full" and all insurance including tyres and glass included.

#28 jetson

jetson

red

• VIP Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

I'd like to give Goldcar at Alicante Airport a mention here.

Crawl naked over broken bottles rather than use this lot :36_1_28[1]: 

• jimtaylor, weejohnten and Peter P like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users