• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'm trying to learn a bit of Spanish every day during our summer 'holidays'.

Although I've got Rosetta Stone and Fluenz on my PC, it makes a change to do something else, so I've been playing with the free lessons at duolingo.com.

It's actually quite good, and not only tells you when you get a question wrong, but also tells you why. It turns out that I'm good at forgetting to put accents on vowels where these are applicable.

I've found out that I personally need to use Firefox, because one of the add-ons I've got on Chrome is stopping the recording function from working. However, for the majority of people, Chrome will work OK. I haven't tried it in Internet Explorer, as that's not a program I'd use willingly.

For anyone who isn't fluent in Spanish, it seems to be a good way of learning and improving Spanish. I haven't yet got to the end of the lessons, but guess that it would be too basic for the likes of Jan and Geoffilo.

#2 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Not at all Jim.  I´m using the duilingo app on my tablet and phone.  They synchronise so I can carry on where I left on either device.  Not as good as you Jim as I only use it a few times per week when I´m in the mood.  Haven´t been studying Spanish for a long time now, so very rusty, especially speaking it.  

I agree with you that it´s a great learning device and best of all it´s free :)

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

#3 happyjackseven

happyjackseven

red

• VIP Member
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Second that.

Had fun today with duolingo recommend

Happyjackseven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users