Dr Phibes

red

• VIP Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Spanish Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)-
 your requirements explained

What is the new Law in Spain

As you may or may not be aware from 1st June 2013 a new energy efficiency law for Spanish properties was introduced requiring any property for rent or sale after this time to have an "Energy Performance Certificate" also known in Spain as the Certificado de Eficiencia Energetica (CEE), a document describing how efficient the energy consumption is. Each property will be tested and scored on a scale ranging from A to G, with 'A' being extremely efficient and 'G' being particularly inefficient. This measure is a European directive aiming to increase energy efficiency in buildings and homes in order to protect the environment, and makes it compulsory for all new and existing properties which come onto the market, whether for sale or for rent, to have this certificate.         

How does this affect you and your Property?

All homeowners who want to sell or rent their property (for more than 4 months within a 12 month period) must make this "energy certificate" available to the prospective buyer and/or tenant. 

The owner of the home, building, or business premises will be responsible for obtaining and paying for the certificate, which they will need in order to sell or rent their home. In addition to the certificate, each home will also receive a series of recommendations to improve the energy performance of the home and enable it to go up at least one level in the energy efficiency scale. The certificate is valid for 10 years and will only need renewing if modifications or alterations are made to the property within this time.

What are the penalties for not complying?

The penalties for non-compliance with the new energy certification law were published, revealing that fines of between 300 and 6,000 Euros will be levied on owners who fail to comply. The fines will be split into three levels dependent upon the severity of the infraction:

Minor offences: 300-600 Euros 

Serious offences: 601-1,000 Euros 

Very serious offences: 1,001-6,000 Euros

LETS HOPE THEY FINE THE BUILDERS FOR NOT COMPLYING 

We are going to make an enquiry to the European Union regarding this issue. 

1, The Spanish Builders did NOT comply with any Energy Saving on past builds.

(Although they NOW have to install Solar heaters on the roofs which make the aesthetic outlook of the new build look ridiculous).

2, There is NO cavity insulation? (Most of the cavities are in-filled with builders rubbish and debris). 

3, Most of us have double glazing anyway

4, There is NO roof insulation what so ever?

Who, What, & how are they going to administrate this? Undercover secret police?????

Will there be adverts asking residents to squeal on their neighbours if they rent their homes out. Maybe they rent to family and friends.

This is another Pirate Tax that the Spanish government require to fill the coffers.

#2 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

My property is up for sale,and has been for months,now I have to pay to get an energy certificate,which we know will be in the bottom two or three levels,mainly because Spanish houses are built to keep the heat out not in.I tried to find out the cost of the certificate,and have been amazed at the variation in prices,varying from 150 Euros plus tax to 4oo Euros plus tax,for the exact same job,I was going to take my property off the market for a few months to let the panic of a 6000 Euro fine to die down.As we know it will when some of the pirates offering this sevice run out of people to con,But I have decided to waste 181.50 Euros and have it done next week,at leasr that way I will have the summer months to keep it on the market.

I cannot see why you have to have the Certificate while you are trying to sell,it dosnt make sense, anybody buying property in Spain must know that energy efficient houses are a non starter,and having a certificate doesn't entitle you to anything. i would think that getting it before the actual sale would of sufficed.but of course why would common sense stand in the way of Government making a profit,when this way is so much easier than catching a tax dodger

#3 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Got mine Craven 200 inc iva no surprise Band G lol
Cheers John

#4 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Beat me to getting one,weejohnten,but at least mine was 18 Euros cheaper.

Did they give you a list of how to make it more efficient,and save money on electricity.Like spending 6000 on solar panels and make a saving of 250 Euros a year for ten years,or installing double glazing and save 100 euros a year,saw a friends one on how to save money,by installing things and changing others,to go up just one grade,and anyone even thinking of doing it,must have more money than sense.

But it will help the economy,21%tax to the government,a few people being find,and a few more self employed off the unemployment numbers,so it aint all bad

• greytop likes this

#5 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sure did 8 pages of it but I had double glazing anyway I don't think you will get many in the top 3 categories, in fact I'm certain you wont.Nice little earner though and I also got the new certificate from the council through (Urbanistic Certificate) yet another little 200 euro into the council coffers.

Edited by weejohnten, 04 July 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Cheers John

#6 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Must admit to knowing absolutely zilch about the Urbanistic Certificate,and wont being joining that club until I do know what the hell it is, and the reasoning behind it.

I bet someone will come on here now and say it is another way for the Council,to get more money for a piece of worthless paper,but surely our Council wouldn't dream of trying to con us would they?

#7 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Not the council, Craven, it's the law of the land:

http://www.boe.es/bo...A-2013-3904.pdf

However, you can't even blame the Spanish government - this one came from - guess where - Brussels.

#8 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Thanks Jim,I read what I could of the link,but it seems to be about the Energy Certificate,I understand that is a Brussels Directive,and Spain would of been in breech of European Law,if it hadn't complied,and been heavily fined.Although I cannot see in the directive,that you had to have a certificate Before putting your property ON the market.Which means that tens of Thousands of ordinary people are risking a fine of between 300 Euros and 6000 Euros,for not having a worthless piece of paper costing several hundred euros,on there property before putting the house on the market.

After all that ,it was  weejohnten,who said at the end of his last piece ,about also paying 200 Euros for his URBANISTIC CERTIFICATE,THAT IS WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO ,Or is that all part of the energy certificate,i really don't know

#9 weejohnten

weejohnten

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Craven if the buyer notary or estate agent asks for it you better have it! what is it for heres the quote " Urban Certificate: This is a certificate issued by the Town Hall which shows any urban charges that the property can have (in placer like San Fulgencio it is very common that some buyers ask for this certificate as they have been several extensions done)" Now you may be lucky or then again not but if you have the energy certificate because you want to sell before winter hen the lack of this could scupper a quick sale. I applied to the council on the 16th May and the certificate was given last week. It would seem pointless because you already should have any alterations on your escatura anyway if you have an up to date habitation certificate which already covers these changes etc.
Cheers John

#10 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

Apologies Craven - old age taking its toll!

Must admit I've never heard of an urban certificate. Is it some sort of updated habitation certificate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users