• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Landlady

Landlady

Administrator

• admin
  • 7,412 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

It occurred to me that some people new to the internet, computers etc. might not know how to go about posting messages in forums. So for those that are totally new to all this, this is how to join in the fun and post your own message so that it shows on the site like this one.

To Become a Member

New member registrations have had to be stopped as the site has been bombarded with spam bots recently.  If you like to be able to join in the discussions by becoming a member, imail me at the address shown below and I´ll add you manually.  Hopefully I will be able to stop this restriction in the future.

Firstly, you must be a member of this site to be able to post a message. To do this is simple, just look for and click the register text (link) at the top of this page,

read the rules and conditions of joining and click the I have read etc. box then click the register link. Fill in the details and your preferences, then submit your registration. For security reasons, you will need to respond to the email that will be sent to you so we know it is from a genuine person, this is to stop spammers spoiling the site, so I hope this doesn't deter you too much. Once you have clicked on the link in this validation email you will be able to post messages in the forums. Make sure you are logged in (same place as where your registered link was) with your username and password first though. If you don't receive this validation email - let me know by emailing me at info@costablancaforums.com and I will sort the problem out.

Now the fun part :banana:

Now you can begin posting new topics, or add your opinions and comments to other's. To post a new topic, click on the title of the forum you wish your message to be shown in and then click the Start a new topic image above the topic title bar.

Type a topic title and underneath a description if you like. Then in the main text box go for it smile.gif Once you have finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the post topic - that's it - you have posted your first message, now there will be no stopping you tongue.gif

Please Note: Your first post as a new member goes into a moderation queue that I check before it shows live on the site. This is to help me stop spammers, people who are using the forums to ´have a go´at someone anonymously, or who are joining just to advertise their own business. I will ok your post as soon as I am able, but I can´t be at the computer 24/7 so you may have to wait a little while. the 2nd post will show automatically without going into the moderation queue.

Responding to other messages

If you want to add your message in response to another's topic, then click the reply button to have the previous post quoted in your message first before replying, or the Add Reply button if you do not want the previous post quoted and follow through as above.

Hope this will encourage those that would like to join in the discussions, but didn't have a clue where to start. Once you get familiar with posting, why not try experimenting with the text formatting or adding in one of these cute smilies, just click on the one you want and it will go in your message. There are many cool features to this site that most people never use, but the only way to learn how to use them is to experiment. Read the Forum Tips and click on the down arrow next to your login name at the very top of the page and have a look around at what's in your own members pages for example. If you need to know something, ask in a forum post and I or others will help you.

Jan thum

Edited by Landlady, 29 July 2015 - 10:13 AM.
Updated

:action-smiley-069: Don´t forget to use the like button if you like someone´s post :tha1:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users