• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveR

DaveR

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I was given that running costs for a medium size poll = £ 50.00 per month, how is this broke down,
cleaning contract, community charge etc?..

Edited by DaveR, 22 April 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#2 jaygee

jaygee

red

• VIP Member
  • 723 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

We got a quote for cleaning & upkeep of water chemicals and that was 60E a month so suspect that this is all it would cover .

#3 DaveR

DaveR

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Thanks. Is it, or would it be so hard to do it ones self?.
After all how hard could it be & we would have time on our hands as it were.

#4 craven

craven

red

• VIP Member
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Dave,
It is not hard to do,once you know what you have to do,and I think my pool costs me about 15 euros a month in chemicals,I also have a company I use to fix anything that breaks down and these have prooved to be worth their weight in gold.Only problem being is if you are away for a while in the summer period,as the heat dries up the chemicals more rapidly so really they need checking every 3days or so to keep them balanced.As for getting people in all year round to maintain the pool,it is the old adage you gets what you pay for.

#5 DaveR

DaveR

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

Why dint I think of that. The thought of our not being there for a week or two dint enter me head.

WE once visited a friend on "THE URB", & they had a saline pool??, any ideas on this type?.

#6 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

The salt-water pools are more expensive initially, because of the extra equipment you need in the pump-house, but they need less maintenance. A friend of ours has one, and it needs less time than ours to look after, plus you don't have to buy expensive chlorine or 3 in 1 tablets; we're not exactly short of salt here, are we?! Another thing is that the water seems more refreshing.

#7 DaveR

DaveR

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Attached File  Bridge over tbld water.MP3   4.38MB   23 downloadsThanks Jim. you are an old salt yourself.
I tried to find an apt song to suit, I thought "Sailor", but I didn't have the vocals, so I came up with this... clap .

Edited by DaveR, 29 April 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#8 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thanks, Dave, kind of you. Reminds me that I should play my way through my Paul Simon collection and create some audio CDs.

#9 DaveR

DaveR

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

As you may know Jim, I am a karaoke nut, and I get a kara cdg & record me own vocals over & over until its halfway decent, that one was a little high in key for me, but I think I bluffed me way though, especially the last note or two. :action-smiley-069:

#10 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hey, Dave, just played your Bridge Over... again, and must say that for a hammer chewer you do a really good job.

What prompted me to have another look at this thread is that I just saw in the Leroy Merlin catalogue a Cloración Salina unit for €189. OK, it's only suitable for a small pool, but it does indicate that it's possible to convert an ordinary pool into a salt-water one at a reasonable price. Seeing a tub or 3-in-1 tablets costs about €20, and you go through quite a lot in a year, the payback period could be quite reasonable. Plus, as i said, swimming in a salt-water pool is much nicer than an ordinary one.

Leroy's also show a solar water heater for pools for only €90, but no details.

#11 DaveR

DaveR

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

Grassy arse Jim.
As for the songs, I purchased a very novel player/recorder, that will play all formats including Karaoke, but the best thing is, it has a USB port & or an SD port, so that you can record either the full audio along with video( VCD), or all karaoke formats,Try this one, my version of an old Nat K cole number.Attached File  The very thought of you.MP3   3.44MB   14 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users