• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 boldlygoes

boldlygoes

red

• VIP Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

We will be spending a lot of time in Almoradi and wanted to know if anyone had recommendations for eating, drinking etc. We love doing menu del dia, any really good places. Nice restaurants that give really good food at reasonable prices, preferably not just English food.
General tips on living in the Almoradi area would be appreciated.

#2 boldlygoes

boldlygoes

red

• VIP Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

I cant believe that we dont have any recommendations for Almoradi, is it worth having a dedicated section for Almoradi

Edited by boldlygoes, 08 February 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#3 scot chick

scot chick

red

• VIP Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

I cant believe that we dont have any recommendations for Almoradi, is it worth having a dedicated section for Almoradi

my husband and i went to cafe vienna in almoradi for burns night we had a fantastic night and we have booked for valentines aswell the food was excellent its 2 scottish couples who own it and they were really nice we took friends in last week for mdd it was only 7 euros for 3 courses and was well worth the money and there were loads of spanish in aswell so i think that says something in itself

#4 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

BG - are you just talking Almoradi town for restaurants, or the general area. If it's surrounding area, I could put on quite a lot of recommendations. Mostly what I've put on before, so if you've already kept a note of them, then there's not much more I can add. It would take me a bit of time to put together, but I'm prepared to do it for an active member like yourself, especially one who has the good sense to spend time in 'my' area!

#5 JeanniesSis

JeanniesSis

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

BG - are you just talking Almoradi town for restaurants, or the general area. If it's surrounding area, I could put on quite a lot of recommendations. Mostly what I've put on before, so if you've already kept a note of them, then there's not much more I can add. It would take me a bit of time to put together, but I'm prepared to do it for an active member like yourself, especially one who has the good sense to spend time in 'my' area!

Chris & I personally would love more recommendations, Jim, when you can spare time, please. We are coming out there at the end of this month till April & we want new restaurants to try, ones that are under 15€ for a MDD including a drink. We don't mind an enjoyable drive, in fact that would be great.

We have ALWAYS appreciated your posts on restaurants. :tha1:

We hope you are both well, please say hi to Margaret.

From one in your friends fan club.gif

#6 JeanniesSis

JeanniesSis

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

my husband and i went to cafe vienna in almoradi for burns night we had a fantastic night and we have booked for valentines aswell the food was excellent its 2 scottish couples who own it and they were really nice we took friends in last week for mdd it was only 7 euros for 3 courses and was well worth the money and there were loads of spanish in aswell so i think that says something in itself

Hi scot chick

We used to go to Cafe Vienna for a drink & a panini on a Saturday when we visited the market. Suddenly they took paninis off the menu on market day saying they took too long so we went elsewhere.

We are interested in their MDD & would appreciate you commenting on what they served you for 7€ which, do I assume, doesn't include a drink.

I have thanked you for your post above BTW!

#7 boldlygoes

boldlygoes

red

• VIP Member
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hi Jim.
Thanks for the reply.
Any recommendations for either in the town or just for the general area that would be a great help.

#8 jimtaylor

jimtaylor

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

OK Folks, I'll go through my list when I've time and post the results. Can't promise how quickly, 'cos I've got a lot of jobs on at the moment. Also, I probably won't post full reviews as I normally do, just an outline, to save me time. I hope that most of you should know by now that if I say it's worth visiting, then it probably is.

Watch this space!

Just had an afterthought - I won't post it here.
I'll put it in the Almoradi/Restaurant Recommendations forum, under the heading of '2011 recommendations' - that way it's where it belongs, and others can post other reviews to it.

#9 JeanniesSis

JeanniesSis

red

• VIP Member
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

OK Folks, I'll go through my list when I've time and post the results. Can't promise how quickly, 'cos I've got a lot of jobs on at the moment. Also, I probably won't post full reviews as I normally do, just an outline, to save me time. I hope that most of you should know by now that if I say it's worth visiting, then it probably is.

Watch this space!

Just had an afterthought - I won't post it here.
I'll put it in the Almoradi/Restaurant Recommendations forum, under the heading of '2011 recommendations' - that way it's where it belongs, and others can post other reviews to it.

group star-120x120.gif

group super job-120x120.gif

#10 kemosabe

kemosabe

red

• VIP Member
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.
Silvinos is very good.
San Remo do good pizza and the solomillo with salsa pimiento is excecellent. Place is a bit dated but don't let it put you off. Spanish tend to go in later, as they would. Good staff, speak some English.

Terretremo, before Cafe Vienna is good for tapas, they do meals as well. Very popular and busy. I like their monteditos as a snack, morcilla particularly good.
The one opposite, possibly Taberna Iberico also good, you get a tapa with every drink.

Angel, on main drag by the square good for seafood, popular.

Cafe Granada have good tapas and do a menu del dia for about 9€. They open late on Fridays and Saturdays for food. Good just for a drink, great atmosphere and staff. Don't speak English. Always full of Spanish people.

Meson Sorolla, by Mercadona, bit of a tap room, good atmosphere, cheap beer and wine. Good tapas, do meals as well. I think one of the staff speaks some English, but not seen any other English people in when I've been in.

Hope this is OK for a start.

K

#11 Saladar

Saladar

red

• VIP Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hi

I don't know many bars in Almoradí but if are willing to travel just a little out of town there are a number on the road to Rafal and in the village of El Saladar I can recommend. Bar Angelin is very good, as is El Cruce and the other one on the crossroads who's name I've forgotten, although these last two are a little more expensive. Along the road to Rafal is Los Amigos wjich does an execllent MdD for around 8 euros. If you drive in to El Saladar I can recommend Day & Night and El Riaso (I think thats the correct name, I only know it as Paco's). Both these are tradition Spanish bars and the owners speak no English but the food is very good.

Oh, and Paco's does the best carajillos in Spain, honestly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users